Ancient Greek Dictionary
This app brings all 116,000 definitions of the Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek-English Lexicon to your iOS device, with blazing speed, smart searching algorithms, and a unique "reverse search" system that turns the LSJ into an English-Greek dictionary.
- Full offline dictionary reading, presenting auto-generated short definitions of every word backed up by the full LSJ entry.
- A powerful search mechanism lets you type in English, Greek or Beta Code to find words. The English search system uses heuristics to return highly accurate search results, even when accent and breathing vary.
- A unique "reverse search" system lets you query the English definition of each word. For example, searching for "rock" returns "πέτρα". This effectively turns the LSJ into an elementary English to Greek lexicon, backed up by all the copious referencing and detailed usages that the LSJ offers.
- Includes a guide to getting started with Beta Code, which allows you to search for precise orthography.
- Did we mention that it was really, really fast? At last you can search the entire LSJ in a fraction of a second!
- Full support for iPad and iPhone - buy the app once and use it anywhere.